Hotpoint Aquarius WD61 dryer heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again.
I'm the owner of an ancient Hotpoint Aquarius WD61, which has been kept going thanks to this forum.
After a long trouble free spell, it has now a new problem. The dryer is not heating up. I have tested the thermostats for continuity and they are OK, so I suppose the problem could be the element.
What I would like to know is how to go about replacing the element on this model. I'm guessing it is the rectangular insulated box on the top of the tub.
Could anyone give me a step-by-step guide to the work? (if I manage to source a new part!)
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You need to cut the insulation on top off the heater box to gain access to the bolts on the top. And 1 but the heater elements , heater then pulls out.

Hi rocks - again!

thanks for the reply, but I don't quite get the second bit - could you explain?
Also, once I've cut the insulation, can I use it again or should it be replaced as well?

You can remove it most of them have been missing its only insulation , and not available as a part , underneath that is the bolts to remove the top lid of the heater box.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Rocks for the info about the element. However, while getting ready to cut the insulation I noticed a broken connection to the dryer fan - and that turned out to be the problem.
But - the way this machine goes, I expect I shall be needing the element changed at some point, so thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back