Hotpoint Aquarius WD62 smashed itself up again!

M

Mickymoody

I've had loads of problems with this machine, blown motor, severed wires, door seal faulty, flooding, due to broken restrictor valves, main capacitor shorted...

And now, again the heater assembly has become detached again, after it had been replaced twice, once for a 2nd hand plate (it's the metal bracket that holds the heater assembly in place that shears off); and second time, welded repairs. 2 bolts have fallen into the machine, one was thumbtight, 1 was sheared off, also snapping a wire to the heater assembly, and strangely, causing the motor to become unplugged. When the main clunking happened, the drum was still spinning...strange.

When I went into the repair shop, I've been told that the part isn't available, then sold one from a scrap machine, not available whatsoever, then told it's a common problem, and they are available to buy, so what's the truth? Does anyone know of a place where I can buy this part, and if an updated part is available, and if this is a common fault, on this model, because I will be contacting Hotpoint if so.

I think this machine must quality for most unreliable washer/dryer ever.

Sponsored Links
£20 for a metal plate, £8 for a spring....are they taking the poo?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back