Hotpoint Aquarius WF740 washing machine with stuck button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have the above-mentioned washing machine, and the start/cancel button seems to have become stuck in the depressed position. As a result, as soon as you turn the machine on, it starts up with whatever cycle it is set to, and won't stop at the end.

I have tried pulling the button out by sliding a thin knife in the crack beside it, but I can get any leverage. If I could take the front panel off, I'm sure I could solve the problem, but apart from two screws on the back of the machine which hold the top panel down (at the back only - when I unscrew them and try to lift it off, it is all still connected at the front), I can find any catches or screws on the front.

Anyone have an experience or suggestions for this?

Cheers,

Adam

Sponsored Links
Hard slap on the front lip and it slides back.

If the start/cancel switch was stuck in I would expect maybe it to start then cancel constantly, not start complete program and start again.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice on removing the panel. I'll give that a go.

I have just put it through another cycle and it did stop, and it now displaying "End" as it should. Bit strange. I'll see what happens when I try another cycle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back