Hotpoint Aquarius WMA54P wont pump out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My washing machine will not pump out. At first i thought it was the stand pipe, but i have tried to run the washing machine draining into the sink but it wont pump out. If I drop the drain hose to the floor it run out okay.

I have taken the small back panel off but cannot see only filter or anywhere i can check for the pump being blocked.

any ideas please

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

the pump makes a noise( not the same as usual) but nothing pumps out. i feel there my be a blockage but dont know where to check? there seems to be no filter to check when taking the small back panel off?

any ideas please many thanks

I think if the pump is running, you need to find is the water getting to the pump, so is the blockage before or after.
Saying that you say the water will drain if you lay the pipe low, so there is no blockage.
I think the pump may have failed, no impeler.

Sponsored Links
Hi

just to let you know. pump was blocked even though water was coming through. The pump slides off the bottom of the machine and can be taken apart without disconnecting the hose in and out. once apart the blockage can be removed.
25 minutes £40

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back