Hotpoint Aquarius WMF760 WMF F05 Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
After seeing this code on the machine I removed all the clothes & put it on a quick cycle number 13
It took on water & spun & then what sounded like it was emptying. Now the drum is empty of visible water.
I went into the garden & when I came back in the machine was on 10 minutes & not doing anything.
I watched as the timer on the screen counted down 10,9,8 & once it got to 0 all the lights started to flash & F05 was shown again.
The machine never done anything all the time it was counting down from 10

Please can you advise.
Hotpoint Aquarius WMF760
Front lower kick panel has no filter but just a red cap with what looks like a do not remove picture.

Sponsored Links
Pressure switch may be sticking or pipe from switch to pump blocked.

Usually a blockage in/around pump... find all sorts there... hair clips and new shirt clips are most common.

Look up manual and see what it says about filter and clearing it.

Morning.

I dont have a manual but i can find the pump ok.
With regards the Pressure switch,is this something i can look at from the top ?

Sponsored Links
I’m sure you’ll be able to find a manual in a digital format online.

I can find the filter no problem as it will be attached to the outlet pipe.

Now looking for pressure switch

Yes if you take the top off it will be mounted on top of or just to the side. of the drum. Pull the tube off the switch & blow down it, you should hear air bubbling in the pump. If that is ok take the same tube off at the pump end & blow hard into it a few times, it may release the switch if it stuck. You may or may not hear the switch actuating & deactivating if it is a mechanical type, but if it is a later one it may not make a noise & replacing it will be the only way you can tell if it is faulty or not.

jj4091
Thanks for that.
Last night i switched the washer off at the mains.
This morning i switched it back on and did 3 cycles.
Not once did i have any error message etc.

So should i pop the top off or leave it.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back