Hotpoint Aquarius WMF760 WMF F05 Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now and then i get the error F05
Im taking the top off to take a look.

Sponsored Links
If this is the pressure switch then I can blow down it and here a gurgling sound.

Attachments

• 6947E187-76B7-4E51-918C-0AFE8FBA6656.jpeg
    6947E187-76B7-4E51-918C-0AFE8FBA6656.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 119
Just an update.
I tried to run Programme C which is pump out but nothing.
I’ve removed the rear cover and tapped the pump with my pliers. It’s then pumping out the water.
On removing the pump I noticed that it’s quite warm and at first had to let it go.
At this point I can spin the impeller by hand and feel a slight resistance as there should be.

Does the pump seem ok to you ?
Worked when I hit it.
Quite warm also.

Error F05 means the pressure switch did not operate, if you now cannot get the machine to rinse & drain it suggests that there may be a blockage/ contamination in the pump body. If you have stripped & cleaned it all then it may need replacing.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
If the code is for pressure switch would an issue with the drain pump cause the pressure switch not to operate and show the error message.
Nothing happened when I selected the pump out cycle but hitting the drain pump with pliers then the drain out started and machine emptied.

The switch is operated by air pressure created by water in the pump body going up the thin pipe to the switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back