Hotpoint BF1620 dishwasher not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Don't know if any of you can help but here goes.

The dishwasher door wasn't closing properly so got a replacement door catch. Fitted it today and the door now closes fine only now there doesn't seem to be any power. The red light for the on off switch comes on but the green lights on the left won't come on and when you press the buttons they don't beep - Does anyone have any ides??

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have the door off now - any ideas which oned is the door switch cos they all look like they are in?

Thanks

It's he white block with two wires on it that go to the micro switch on the door lock. Remove and refit poss wrong way round.

Sponsored Links
Was the leds working before u changed the lock.

Yes was all workikng fine- have tried using the old door lock aswell but that didn't work either.

In that case you have knocked a wire off somewhere. Check wiring at the bottom of the door.

When I loosened all the screws from the door to fit new lock, the door itself sprang away from the frontal (intergrated unit) would the sudden jerk have had anything to do with it? Still can't see any loose wires though??

Oh yes. Also check pcb wires to led. There's deffo wire off some where

i have fixed the problem with new door latch and found the loose wire preventing the sevice lights from working, many thanks for that! Because i had tried all avenues prior to finding the wire that included taking the washer from it's integrated position and emptied all the water that was sat inside and taking the right hand skin off to get to the drainage outlets then putting it back together and back in place and setting it away then to find it is leaking at the back of the frontal ( screws into door are tight but self tappers are loose!! ) onto the floor and steam is coming from the top, HELP?

Check the white block is on the back of dispenser

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm a joiner by trade, could you please explain in a bit more depth? Do i need to take the frontal back off and what is the white block on the dispenser? you wer spot on with your 1st diognosis the door jerk had pulled the large white block off the PCB can't believe i thought that it was supposed to hang loose!!!

That's the one. It clips to the back of the dispenser. Door has to come off again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back