Hotpoint BHWD129 wash/dry won't drain even with a new pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am sorry for just coming fresh and asking for help, but any is necessary as this issue is haunting me for quite a few days now.

My Hotpoint BHWD129 won't drain water whenever it should. It gets stuck upon every attempt and 5 LEDs flash (extra options and the start/stop button). This issue persists for over two weeks now. I have self-drained the machine myself numerously, checked the filter and bought a new pump. I've checked hoses also.

Today, upon installation of the new pump, I have done an empty washing machine run and everything went smooth, water drained. However, when I ran a washing cycle again, it just stops before going into spinning and when I try to pump out via an option, I can hear the pump attempting to for a second but stopping immediately after that.

Also, I'd add that once the cycle stopped, LEDs for Spin and Dry were lit, even though drying was disabled in this cycle.

Now I am out of ideas.

Thank you for any help in advance.
Best regards

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back