Hotpoint BHWD129 washer dryer water not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hotpoint BHWD129 washing machine/dryer. The pump is not letting the water drain out.

Here's what i've tried already:
- Removing one end of the slump and checked for blockages, didnt seem to have any (did the end with ball in).
- Removed pump chamber and no coins etc. Turned machine on spin setting the impeller is spinning and hum as you'd expect normally, turns freely when you do it by hand.
- Checked ubend no blockages
- Its connected via a long waste lead plugged into another, my feeling is this may be blocked or was kinked, i've tried moving removing the kink and didnt help
- I also took the screws out and twisted and pushed it back into the machine to see if I could see anything but couldnt work out how to get the tight clips off either side holding it in.

I dont have any experiance at all really apart from watching them over the years but just checking the basics.

Any ideas what to try next my gut would would say it may be waste pipe drain hose related but without being able to get those clips off I cant take it off to examine, also how does it go back on?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are they jubilee clips on the waste exension. Where they join is the poss blockage.

Are they jubilee clips on the waste exension. Where they join is the poss blockage.

Yes but it was more of a make shift thats last 5 months with washers and jubilee clips. Going to check now thanks only part not checked.

I'll be blown thanks the waste pipe fix I did when it leaked a few weeks ago is blocked going to go to wickes tomorrow and get proper joint to stop it happening again

Sponsored Links
3 inchs of 22 copper pipe is ideal to join the wastes together. Plus 2 jubilee clips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back