Hotpoint condenser dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help would be great.

My dryer has started playing up. It's about 4 years old. Firstly its been tripping the electrics after about 50 mins of running time. Then the last time i used it, it wasn't drying as well as it should. I always clean the lint, empty the water and clean the condenser unit. I've ran it for a few mins with nothing in it and it got warm but i heard water inside (haven't heard it before). On closer inspection there's a little water coming out the air intake vent at the bottom and also water under the condenser unit. Is there somewhere else that could be blocked?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
clean the pump assy at the back its blocked with fluff ,pump is under a cover unclip it and your in

I'm sorry i might be being a bit thick here but i cant find it I've unscrewed the metal cover at the back but all thats under that is what looks like a fan.

Sponsored Links
that metal cover is the heater water is spraying on the heater clean out the little tray where the pump is ,top left of the tray is a little hole you cant see it but push a cable tie in there that will pull more water though ,then blow though the black pipe to clear any muck, you must hose condender every 3 /4 weeks and leave to dry before putting back

Hi there, I've bumped this up to save me writting it all again. After cleaning out the pump assembly at the back, my dryer worked fine for a while but its now taking ages to dry again (with only a little bit of water in the condenser tray). I've looked at the pump assembly and its nice and clean with only a little water in it (before it had a lot). There is'nt a black pipe but i have blown through the grey and the clear one (didn't sound blocked)

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

remove the condenser at the bottom, big silver thing and hose out with a hose pipe put it back when its dry ,do this every 3 weeks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back