Hotpoint dishwasher FDF780G doing my head in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
originally had issue with machine when main wash pump sounded like a bag of nails. replaced pump - £85.00 from hotpoint. Old motor was shot and plastic blades non exisitent!! Wash sounded much better after fitting new. HOWEVER. It now plays up and never completes a wash cycle.

After fitting the pump it did one wash completly faultless so I thought great, get it out the garage and back into the kitchen. BUT THEN..... I did more washes and I began to get errors, usually A5 (pressure switch) and once I had A7 (short on motor). BUT now strangly these have not reoccurred but the cycle seems to never complete:

Misses chunks on the timer, ie timer says 45mins remaing and you look 2 mins later and it says 19mins remaing.

Sometimes no heat is generated and the wash is cold

Other times it just finishes prematurly and you open the door and the wash tab is just slightly dissolved over the inner door.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP as this is about to go on the tip!!

Sponsored Links
When was the pump replaced they gtee it for 90days whole appliance. You now have a heater fault Commom problem when I change the pump I also do heater as well they both twist on together. Heater will cost you 30 quid if you bought it and fitted it

Sometimes it does heat and sometimes it stays cold?? Would a heater problem cause the timer to go to pot?

Sponsored Links
yes thermister on the heater would cause this ,its all built inside the heater.

Got new heater and fitted but no differance what so ever.

Main issues still remain:

1. timing erratic - 1 hour cycle performs normal for the first 5 mins but will jump from 55 mins remaining to 25mins remaining.

2. Water is cold. Probably because cycle is not completing properly.

3. On some cycles error A-5 displays.

4. Complete wash completes within about 10 mins and reports finished.

5. Dishwasher is a load of sh**.

Any other ideas anyone? I was going to replace air pressure switch? (not many parts to go now!!).....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back