Hotpoint dishwasher float switch

S

Susiejb

Can anyone tell me where the float switch is in a Hotpoint First Edition dishwasher (its an older model ...no fancy flashing lights) I have read that it is in the base under the plate rack ....can you tell me what it looks like.
We have moved the dishwasher and it just won't take in water, works fine if you manually put water in so its not the programme control.
It was working fine before we moved it...we did lie it on its back...would that cause it....have searched the forum but just can't seem to find the answer.
Any help very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Wots the model number some have them so don't.

Yes, I looked for that ...it just called First Edition...will the model number be on a plate somewhere.

It will be on the front or on the side of the inner door. Pos df 52 /53 or a df 22 /23 etc

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the reply....unfortunately no there are no numbers.
Under the heater element there is a small grey plate ..... might this be the
float switch ?

No it's not, tip the dishwasher back is there a base plate on it ,water should come out of the base. The float switch is a polystyrene disc in the inside of the base. If you have no base on it Ie you can see the works inside then the black tube needs cleaning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back