hotpoint dishwasher just hums water only enters sometimes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
not real sure whats going on the dishwasher will hum when the switch is turned on it will run some water <into machine some of the times> untill you turn the switch ... and try again all i get is a humming noise and no water ? any advice would be great,
thank you so much

Sponsored Links
its not getting any water, humming is the valve operating

i just tried it again and heard water enter ..which i verified by opening the door and there was steam in the machine , so i tried it again turning the switch again and nothing except humming.... i forgot to post the model number #HDA3220Z04BB the problem is i just moved into the house and there is no manual for me to even begin to look for the valve.
oh and thank you for your speedy response

dont know much about d/w i would have thought steam = not enough water, check water flow into m/c, pipe may be kinked / partialy blocked?

Sponsored Links
thank you ... any other help form anyone would be great as i am so lost here...oh and what is the m/c pipe sorry for my stupidity in advance

i would still suggest you check water flow, take fill hose off m/c and check its flow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back