Hotpoint drum filling up with clean water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint WMA10 and the drum fills up with clean water occasionally. I have renewed both the hot & cold water solanoid valves and the water pressure is sufficent. but the problem is still evident. Also there is water in the fabric side of the drawer only after every cycle. Any further help would be very much appriciated. Should I renew the machine (approx 5 yrs old,) if so can anyone recommend a good and reliable machine. Thanks. :(

Sponsored Links
Is it possible that water from a nearby sink could be getting in through the drain hose? this is possible if the hose joins the trap under the sink, and does not rise above the trap before running to the washing machine.

If your hose empties into a vertical plastic pipe, away from the sink, this will not happen.

if it is back filling then it would normally smell. it sounds more like one of your fill valves has a slight leak. either replace both of them or turn of supply to either overnght and use elimination to work out which one is faulty. they're only a couple of quid each.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back