hotpoint dwf33 dishwasher not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a problem with my dishwasher,its not draining,ive searched around and it looks (and sounds) like the pump may be jammed,the problem is though that i cant get access to it. I've got the sides and the lid off and cannot see how to get access,it looks like i need to take the base off,but its a moulded plastic one,which looks like everythin is attached to it,any help gratefully recieved.

Sponsored Links
yes i have,all they provide is non technical help,such as "dishwasher not draining? - make sure the end is cut off the under-sink drain piece" i mean come on,surely not. i doubt hotpoint are going to tell me how to do the engineers job when they can charge me for sending one out. i know ill be able to do the job if i can get at the pump :(

remove the filters ,on the left hand side in the hole is a torx screw undo and remove l shaped plastic cover .flick the black impeller round to unjam it. carefull could be glass stuck in there .

Sponsored Links
Are you sure its the pump, I would hate to insult you but how far away is the dishwasher from the pipe that it discharges the waste water into? Its just that some pumps struggle to pump the water over a long run so you must make sure that if it is a long run of pipework, that the pipework raises high and then gradually "runs to fall" .

cheers guys, rocks1 yeah i saw that and tried to get it off,it didnt come off easily and i didnt want to force it so i left it and continued to look elsewhere,my dad came round later on and took this off and there was the impeller,jammed,turned it and free it,put it on a cycle and wahey,now pumping out water,cheers for your help guys.

any clues if you still have to get the bootom off to get at the pump? I can get it off at the front but it is not soo keen at the back.

Thx

The first part of the wash cycle is the pump motor starts, is yours running or just humming.
If humming its jammed, if not humming it may be burnt out.
I dont have the same model, but most are similar.
To replace the pump lay the machine on its back remove the base plate, its an easy job.

I have it on it's back and have the plate off at the front, but i cannot seem to free the bootm at the rear of the machine - any tips?

So is the pump dead or is it humming, if its humming you may be able to free it from inside the machine.
I cant remember how I removed my pump. Not without looking at the machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back