HOTPOINT:ELECTRONIC 1000 DE LUX 9535

I have been unable to find the clip and screw.....the bottom of the washing machine is open so they must have flown to another planet !

I'll have to purchase a new pecker, which is a pain when the clip and screw are the only parts required.

The steel cable which attaches to the pecker and the to the back of the lock, I pulled the steel cable at the pecker end, I thought the lock would have moved to allow the locking mechanism to release the plastic catch but nothing happened, do you think I need a new cable too ?

Many thanks,

Steve

Sponsored Links
the pecker works the lock it should be 1 mm away from the belt ,when u open door the plastic bar on the pecker presses on the belt and opens it .if the bar is away from it cos its got a little spring on it .it wont open the door .

Hi 'rocks1' thanks for that, I would have thought the lock would open on the door if I pulled the steel cable at the pecker end or is it a very sensitive set up that will only work if the pecker is set up correctly ?

Many thanks for your help,

Steve

Sponsored Links
its like a brake cable on a push bike if you pulled it down at the bottom yes it would but you are pulling it at a angle .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back