HOTPOINT:ELECTRONIC 1000 DE LUX 9535

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ever reliable washing machine has caused me a problem with the first wash of the year, the front loading door refuses to open, any idea on what the problem might be, I don't want to use brute force to rescue my washing.

If I was to remove the top of the washing machine, would I be able to release the mechanism internally ?

All fingers crossed

Steve :)

Sponsored Links
yes attacted to the motor is a pecker to release the door .

Remove the top of the machine and you will see the motor at the top right rear.

Mounted near the drive shaft is a pecker with a cable attached pull the cable and the door will open.

Sponsored Links
Hi......took the top off and had a feel of the control behind the door and the door opened(hoorah)......I think the plastic locking mechanism is vacum controlled.....I presume the locking mechanism is kaput.....is it just case of doing an online search for a new lock or do you know where I can obtain the replacement part ?

Thank you for your assistance......kind regards, Steve

I purchased a new door lock via ebay, I thought that would have fixed the problem, unfortunately it hasn't. A wire cable(in a sheath) attaches to the lock and has something to do with opening the locking mechanism when the wash cycle is completed, at the opposite end of the cable is an alloy bracket with a small spring mechanism attached, mine appears to have dropped off somewhere as it's lying in the bottom of the machine.

Any ideas what this attaches to ?

Many thanks.

It goes on the motor just above the pulley

Hi 'rocks1' thanks for the info but I cannot see how it will attach to the motor. I have the motor at the top of the machine with the belt running on a small pulley at the end on the shaft, I've had a good look and I can't see where it will go or how it will attach, I hope you can shed some more light.

Many thanks,

Steve

I believe the part is called a pecker from what I've seen on the net, I've lost the retaining clip and screw, so I require a new part, still haven't got a clue how it attaches though.... :(

the clip is a w shape spung metal or a 8 mm bolt its fallen down on the mc base .

'Rocks1' it makes a lot more sense now......many, many thanks for assistance, very much appreciated, I'll give it a go tomorrow !

Cheers,

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back