Hotpoint FDL570x power button microswitch actuator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The power button on my old Hotpoint FDL570x isn't pushing the microswitch on the board inside.

The microswitch works fine when carefully prodded with a small plastic rod.

The clear plastic thing you can see on the bottom image is the thing that conducts the light from the surface-mounted LED to the front of the panel. But clearly, there should be some other kind of rod to push the microswitch.

I am guessing it is probably like the other buttons and will be some kind of sprung cradle to give the switch some kind of pushback too (right now it just sinks in and stays there).

A lot of the plastic has gone brittle over time with heat, so it's my guess that it's broken and falling down inside the door.

espares don't list that model at all, most things on hotpoint-spares seem to be the price of a new dishwasher, and ebay/google aren't turning up anything for me. So any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

15qul4l.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks - got a reply by chat: "For this model number the buttons and mechanisms behind come as part of the interface, here is a link to the part -Interface"

It's out of stock and £80 anyway - I'll take you advice and bodge it myself :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back