Beko DS1265APW Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Washer is tripping the RCD on the board . problem stops when the dishwasher is isolated. On opening up there is some dampness and crystalisation on a small clear plastic insert in the bottom of the pump. There is a small board with 3 wires pushed into it.#

I s this the salt sensor? Looked at this item on a parts website and it appears to have an o -ring seal which I guess is leaking.

Does this sond like the cause of my tripping ?

How do i remove the sensor clear plastic body to replace the seal?

Any other comments are welcome.

Thanks
Dipswitch

Sponsored Links
from the time you press the "on" button, how long before it trips?

Hello John, It trips at random times, whether the washer is in use or not. Most recent occasion was during the night, when the washer was last used on a cycle that started early evening. Fairly obvious when it has tripped as it takes the power and lights out for the upper part of the house which is on a separate isolator along with the kitchen power. In those circumstances the board can only be reset when the washer nis turned of at the mains socket.

Since the post I have worked out that clear body comes out upwards through the debris collector, the small board inserts into it from underneath.

so probably not a faulty heater element (which is quite common), yes, it may well be a dripping leak.

I don't know how to fix it.

Sponsored Links
As a follow up to the above, I purchased a replacement housing online for around £6 and fitted it. It pushes in from the top, inside the the waste debris trap . the little electronic circuit refits from below. The new housing has a shaped seal in place of the o-ring seal on the original and the housing shape is modified . I suspect the sensor underneath detects wash debris in the housing when it becomes full and that was getting wet from the leak around the housing. Since fitting this new housing and seal I have had no further issues with the RCD tripping. Problem solved and hopefully this will be of value to other BEKO owners that experience this problem. Probably a £50-£100 repair from an appliance repairer or possibly a "beyond economic repair" result.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back