LG Dishwasher LD-12AW2 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dishwasher would pump out but would not fill. I got a IE code. Problem was intermittent so I could not get a serviceman.
It started doing it more often. I traced the problem to a small relay (marble size but square) on the board. I could bump it and the dishwasher would start to fill. This needs power on and is dangerous to an average DIY.
Advice from the serviceman was the relay was not a single item purchase and LG in Sydney is apparently extremely slow to respond. Advice was to purchase a new board for $250.
I visited the local Tv repairer and he knew the relay as being standard in that industry. I got it for $5. Then I cut the epoxy that seals the board and soldered it in. Has been working normally for 14 months now.
Latest thing with it yesterday was it would not empty. I found the 240 volt isolating switch on the door handle was burned out. This is easy to repair so I am back in business again. But reading comments in this forum about this model dishwasher makes me wonder for how long!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back