Hotpoint FDW60 not completing the cycle .. HELP PLEASE :-)

its leaking from the circulation , causing the float switch to come. Hence why the Eco light comes on as a error code. As I said before. Change it or scrap it.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked that the waste pipe is clear from the sink connection back to the dishwasher?

If you now remove the right panel you will expose the circ pump and heater and have a better view of where the leaking water is coming from.

The waste looks fine, no kinks or anything there.

Will open that side and look thanks.

Cancel current programme, put a couple of kettles of water in the machine and put on any programme, the first thing it does is drain, before it starts filling open the door, has all the water gone from inside the machine?

Sponsored Links
That part is the jug, there is a rubber seal between the jug and the base of the tub, would you say the water is leaking out from the seal (i.e between the jug and tub).

Its possible the rubber seal has perished and needs replacing (or you could reseal it with a sealant thats water and heat resistant) or needs tightening though that is less likely (Open the door and remove the filter(s), this should uncover 3 screws that secure the jug to the tub). Just be sure not to overtighten, if they feel tight then they probably are.

It was seeping through the side I could see, although I couldn't see the other side.

Thank you for your help, I think it might be time to bite the bullet and invest in a new one. It's 10 years old so it won't go on forever.

Thanks again

No problem. If you decide to investigate further and establish exactly where its leaking from let me know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back