Hotpoint FFA71 Temperature Control Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a FFA71 Hotpoint Fridge Freezer that has started to behave funny.

The freezer compartment is too warm and the high temp warning light is on constantly. Also the fridge compartment is too cold, drinks and milk are freezing in there and there is frost on the back panel.

I assume a thermostat has gone but can't understand why both compartments are acting up doing opposite things. Is there a dual thermostat that controls both? Or are there two stats that have failed at the same time?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I've taken the panel off in the freezer and found that the fan isn't running. If I unplug the freezer for a moment then plug it back in the fan runs for about 5 seconds then stops.

I have checked the thermo fuse, which has 4 wires going to it. Both sets of opposite colours have resistance so I assume that is fine.

Is it the PCB that controls the fan? Looks like that costs about £100 so don't want to buy one if I am not sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back