Hotpoint fridge too cold freezing food

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Hotpoint free standing frost free fridge freezer. The fridge compartment gets too cold freezing all food. I called a local repairer, from photos he said not repairable as he mentioned something to do with internal insulation of the fridge which didn't make sense to me. Is this possible?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have you tried completely emptying the thing, then letting it thoroughly defrost?
It's a rented flat, I asked tenant this morning to defrost and wait for few hours. It has happened to me before in my house and defrosting sorted the issue, my fridge is manual defrost not sure if it matters?

Sponsored Links
It's a rented flat, I asked tenant this morning to defrost and wait for few hours. It has happened to me before in my house and defrosting sorted the issue, my fridge is manual defrost not sure if it matters?

Even the auto-defrost units, can become completely choked with ice. In that state, they can take days to de-ice thoroughly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back