Hotpoint First Edition Washing Maching has no light on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive checked the plug / fuse & the socket. I removed the lid but couldnt see any loose connections. I has been in the Garage for a while and brought it into the house. It worked in the morning. Did a wash. But on the second wash....it filled with water and then stopped. NO LIGHT ON.

Sponsored Links
its a few years since i have worken on w/mc's so forgive me what does the light indicate?

also while its doing "nothing" open the soap drawer can you hear anything ( i am not joking, its how we used to listen to the m/c safely)

if light is to inicater mains unplug m/c put discharge hose into bucket and empty m/c repeat until empty, open door (wont open if water still in drum) open close door try again, sonds like door interlock at fault, call hotpoint, free parts for 5 years, but you will have to pay call out charge

Sponsored Links
No :cry: I'd like to have a go at tinkering. So will buy the part. I'll check that the seal hasnt gone incase water may have got in there too.

i do not think a door interlock is a diy thing to replace, yes they are easy if you know how, but there are a few other things to check while you are doing it, which is what a hotpoint engineer will do. if under 5 years old the hotpoint parts are free, all you pay is the callout/ labour, 10 mins and they are changed

Thanks Breezer. Changed the Interlock, but it turns out that the its on the PCB.....Silver track blown. So although I can replace the interlock I will need an engineer to do the PCB. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back