Hotpoint fridge freezer FFA91 temp issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

After a couple of days of the fan being extremely noisy on startup and when its stopping i was advised by Hotpoint to do a defrost as they said the most likely cause was ice build up. They advised me to defrost for around 6 hours, so i turned it off at 21:30 last evening and switched back on at 07:30 this morning.

However upon start up the freezer seemed to be coming down nicely so i left it. I went back to it about half hour later and the food defrost symbol was on and nothing was happening.

I understand the fridge fan won't kick in until the freezer is down to temp but how long is this supposed to take?

Any advice to solve this issue is greatly apperciated.

Sponsored Links
It's a 24 hr defrost not 6. It can take 18 hrs to build up ice after a full defrost.

Thanks for reply.

Is this why the freezer is not yet at temperature then?

Should i notice any water anywhere after a defrost as the wasn't any ice build up inside the freezer at all prior to defrost.

Sponsored Links
The ice would be behind the rear panel in the freezer. And it would melt onto the tray on the compresser.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back