location of defrost timer in hotpoint ffa91

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My fridge doesn't cool, Freezer goes to maximum -10, but doesn't make ice properly. It goes back into defrost mode and temprature rises. Fan is working, compressor is working fine. Heater and thermostat is working fine, I think its the defrost timer. I want to change that but couldn't find its location.
what is the location of defrost timer in hotpoint ffa91 fridge freezer? Its not in the fridge section or above in the LED panel, have checked though. Then where is it?

Sponsored Links
No defrost timer on this model all controlled by pcb at the top. Check the baffle is open in the fridge then do a total defrost for 24 hrs cos ice is poss in the ducts.

No defrost timer on this model all controlled by pcb at the top. Check the baffle is open in the fridge then do a total defrost for 24 hrs cos ice is poss in the ducts.

Thanks mate..
I defrosted it for 24 hours but fridge still doesn't get cold. Freezer goes to -10 and then starting to raise temperature.
Checked thoroughly, no ice, no duct is blocked,
I opened the panel on top to check for defrost timer. Can I reset it from the control panel on top of the fridge? Is there any service manual for FFA91? Please help..Look to your kind reply..
Bilal

There is no defrost timer it's controlled by the pcb on the top. It looks like its low on gas if the freezer is only -10.

Sponsored Links
There is no defrost timer it's controlled by the pcb on the top. It looks like its low on gas if the freezer is only -10.

Thanks Rocks, really appreciate your reply..
is there any way I could check myself and confirm that gas is low??? cheers

Bilal

Is the compressor hot to touch , is the condenser at the back warm or cold. That's the big grid on the rear of the fridge

Is the compressor hot to touch , is the condenser at the back warm or cold. That's the big grid on the rear of the fridge

compressor is hot but is ouchable. not very hot whcih can burn. condenser is normal, not hot and not cold. Its on room temperature.
what does this mean?
Cheers
Bilal

Yep it's losing the gas. Comp should be cool and condenser should be very warm. It's working overtime to pump gas round that ain't there. Time to say goodbye to it. Or if you call hot point they will regas it for £105.00

Yep it's losing the gas. Comp should be cool and condenser should be very warm. It's working overtime to pump gas round that ain't there. Time to say goodbye to it. Or if you call hot point they will regas it for £105.00

Thanks for your reply. I checked compressor and condender just now. I restart the fridge after a defrost. It is 19 C at the moment. I will update once it reaches -5 or lower.
It happened last year so I defrosted it and it startd working fine. After almost 10 months fridge wasn't getting cold so I defrost it for 15 -20 hours and then restarted it. I will update you after few hours, if it doesn't work then I will have to regas it. Thanks Roacks
I will email you in shortly.

Cheers
Bilal

Hi,
Since the refridgerator I started, it goes to -7 and -8 but the fridge doesn't get any cold air from freezer side. I checked fan it ws OK, working fine. I think it is due to some defrost problem. Because it happened last year and after a 24 hour defrost it worked fine till now(for almost one year). I think it has stuck in defrost cycle?
On some other forums people recommended to check relay and replacing it will do the job.
What do you recommend? what could be the possible reasons?

Hi,
Since the refridgerator I started, it goes to -7 and -8 but the fridge doesn't get any cold air from freezer side. I checked fan it ws OK, working fine. I think it is due to some defrost problem. Because it happened last year and after a 24 hour defrost it worked fine till now(for almost one year). I think it has stuck in defrost cycle?
On some other forums people recommended to check relay and replacing it will do the job.
What do you recommend? what could be the possible reasons?

AN UPADTE.... i just opened the back panel in the freezer and found frost on the tubing pipes and around. isn't that confirm the defrost issue?

No. It still means gas is going it will not go above -10 cos of gas problem. It's not a defrost timer fault. Fan only runs when freezer is up to -25 to blow the air into the fridge. There is only 2 parts on this model that's the pcb at the top And compressor. All the sensors are foamed in the cabinet. Take my advice it's 8 years old either spend 100 odd quid getting it fixed nothing you can do or scrap it. I've only being doing these for 20 years so I do know a bit about them. And you cannot change the relay as you have heard about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back