Hotpoint FFA91 not freezing - Alarm sounding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A month or two ago, my Hotpoint FFA91 freezer was getting a ice build up in the bottom of the freezer section, which I assumed was due to a ice / rubbish blockage in the overflow pipe.
I basically cleared that problem by removing the 6 screws and back panel and ensuring the pipe was clear and the ice build up did not occur again, which was good news.

Last week, the Freezing alarm started sounding and since then we have had trouble getting the freezer to work at an appropriate temperature to freeze food.

Following some other forum topics for this appliance, we switched off the unit for about two days leaving both doors fully open so that it could fully defrost. We then turned the appliance back on, but it is still not freezing. Any ideas what to check / try, as the appliance is still switched off?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The same thing has happened to my FFA97 (almost identical). I went round to my local friendly white goods repair man who told me that, if the compressor is running, there is insufficient gas in the system. If the compressor is not running there is an electrical fault somewhere.

His advice was to scrap it if the compressor is running. Even if it isn't the cost of repair will depend on how quickly the electrical fault can be found and if anything needs replacing. HTH

BTW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back