Hotpoint HED 6612 will not wash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have the above dishwasher from when we moved in to the house. Recently it has stopped washing and shown three error lights. Then, when I try and use it, it fills and then I can hear the wash pump running, but I can't hear the water circulating in the machine.

This afternoon I took it apart and tried running it. I can see that the wash pump is running as the shaft is rotating, but water only gets half way up the pipe that runs up to the top shelf water outlet. It bounces up and down a bit but never reaches it. I have checked for blockages and can't find any.

I am thinking about buying a new pump, but at £90 for a new one, I thought I'd ask if it was possibly something else first.

Thanks

Guyan

Sponsored Links
Hi Guyan,

The wash motor impeller could be damaged, causing low pressure to spray arms. You will need a new wash motor on this model.

Lee

Thanks, Lee.

I hedged my bets and changed the motor capacitor first as it was only a few pounds. When I took the old one out it was obvious that it had blown and the new one fixed it.

Guyan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back