E15 error on Hotpoint WD72 Washer/Dryer!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Hotpoint WD72 has started showing the error 'E15 Check outlet pipes'
I have checked the filter and all pipes and there are no blockages. The machine will heat the water, wash and empty, but the pump seems to keep running even though the water has been emptied and then the E15 error is shown, anybody know what the problem could be?

Tony

Sponsored Links
does it take the soap down on a hot wash ,also is it noisy when it spins.

Thanks Rocks1

I will have to double check, but I'm sure the wife said it didn't take the wash powder in. I will test it tonight on a hot wash.
It sounds fine when spinning.

in that case heater is no good it breaks down though the wash .new heater req .also check it the heater has gooves /chunks out of it if so drum surport gone thats why i asked if it is noisy on the spin .

Sponsored Links
I will have a look later, is it easy to replace? I have seen them on ebay, but probably not genuine Hotpoint, does it matter?

quite easy ,lid off front panel /console off, heater down the front 3 wires on it undo 10mm nut and pull out make sure you put the old heater bracket back on the new heater and make sure new heater comes with a themister.

Ok, tested on a 95' wash last night, it did not take the powder in, but otherwise it did heat the water and completed the wash without error! So I cleaned out the powder tray and put in fresh powder and tested again on 40' and this time it took the powder and again it completed without error?

The night before I had cleaned out some limescale build up from the filter, but it still gave the error, so maybe the hot wash cleared any remaining gunk that I couldn't see as my wife has done 3 washes since and still no error?

Surely this cannot be solved that easily as I had a repair man out who checked for blockages and did tests and said it was either the control panel, pressure switch, heater or pump fault and it would be expensive £100 - £200! I didn't doubt him, but I just had to check before spending that kind of money, bloody good job eh?

I spoke too soon, she just did another washer and the error is back :evil:

Do you still think it could be the heater rocks1?

oh yes replace the heater i done hundreds of these :)

The new element came yesterday and after quite a while I finally figured out how the washer actually comes apart and replaced it. The old one was covered in scale etc and also had a 2" black (looked to be burnt) area which I assume was causing the fault as so far everything seems to be working fine.

Thank you so much Rocks1 for your help with this, it saved us a fortune.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back