Hotpoint Ultima WD72s, tripping electrics and E15 code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced the bearings and spider on this machine after the bearings disintegrated and blew the machine. Now if I try a wash cycle the MCB trips but not immediately. If I try a spin cycle the drum turns a few times and the machine attempts to empty water ( there is none in there), it does this for a few minutes then gives me the error code E15 outlet blocked. If I try a drying cycle I get the E15 code immediately. I can't see any obvious faults with the electrics. The heater element appears OK Resistance of approx 27ohms. Pressure switch appears to be working, pipe to pressure switch is clear and obviously I have checked outlet pipes and they are clear. What else can I do?

Sponsored Links
Check the heater you will have 2 groves cut on the heater and as it let's water in it will trip and come up with that error code. Very common for the heater to go as the drum surport has been rubbing on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back