hotpoint tdc30 leaking water anyone help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have just replaced the belt on my hotpoint aquarius tdc30 and now it seems to be leaking it has been off for a few months so i was thinking something must be blocking up as there isnt any water in the waste water tub/bottle/container it is working fine but leaking i have had a look and it seems that where the back of the condensor is and it should be sealed to the back of the dryer that is where it seems to be coming from also not really getting water through to waste tank i think it may be blocked somewhere i read on another post saying there is a pump in there topump water through can anyone help thanks dave

Sponsored Links
There's no pump on this model. Check the rubber cap is on the back near the bottom.

hi i have checked the bung and that is in fine really tight infact couldnt omve it the leak seems to be coming from where the back of the drier is sealed to the condensing unit also the waste water doesnt seem to be filling i have checked the push fittings and they were full of muck but not blocked i have also removed the condensing piece and there was a lot of fluff turned to mush blocking the small hole into the tank beneath i cleaned that will i need to clean the tank below meaning the one behind the waste any help much appreciated thanks for your reply

To clean the tank the drum has to come out , the chamber is underneath it. With a micro switch on it. Beware it's not a easy job.

Sponsored Links
hi there rocks what would your advice be to try ? any info might be helpfull thanks again dave

Try this first. Remove the rubber bung at the back and squirt water into the stalk to give it a clean out. If that don't work the the chamber and seal needs to be looked at. Thats the seal at the rear of the chamber.

hi ive fixed the problem i had to remove the tank beind the waste this was full of crap cleaned it all also managed to take this out without removing the drum i just removed the waste water sleeve /case and slid i out that way also it was leaking due to the seal on the back of the condensig unit if you understand what i mean thanks again rocks1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back