Hotpoint TL51 Drier door switch access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the easiest way to get to the door switch on a Hotpoint TL51 'First edition' tumble drier?

Machine wasn't stopping when the door was opened so I took the lid off to see the best way to get to it and it was obvious it needed a good de-fluff inside *. So I basically stripped the machine from the back. Removed the belt and drum and after much hoovering removed the door switch and linked it out for now. Put it all back together while I order the replacement.

When I get the replacement, can it be fitted from the top? Doesn't look easy. So do I remove the drum from the back again or is there a way in from the front?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

* The plastic 4" exhaust pipe from the front to the back of the machine was buckled and not seated right at the front of the machine, so was leaking into the machine.

Sponsored Links
With the lid removed put your right hand down to the lock from the inside and with left hand undo the two screws on the outside and pull lock up to the top. Or remove the right hand panel.

Thanks Rocks, new switch fitted and working.

I took the right hand panel off. Bloody obvious, but I hadn't thought of doing that before. (Screws are on the back so assumed back has to come off first) :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back