Hotpoint Tumble Drier belt replacement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a broken drive belt on a Hotpoint VTDOOP31330 tumble drier. The belt is direct from the motor round the outside of the drum and there are no tensioner arrangements. I replaced it once before with a great deal of difficulty and wonder if anybody has any tips for making the job easier.

Sponsored Links
There is no short cut for the diy'er with this repair for white goods techs hotpoint supply a leverage tool made specially made for this repair so unless you have access to one I'm afraid its just brute force

There is no short cut for the diy'er with this repair for white goods techs hotpoint supply a leverage tool made specially made for this repair so unless you have access to one I'm afraid its just brute force

Thanks Tockworth, I'll make sure I have had my spinach before I do it. Superscoot (aka Popeye).

Sponsored Links
im a service guy from comet! note hotpoint/indesit/creda dryers are all ****!!!!!!!!. the belt does not go for no reason, there are a few reasons common to these dryers. listed as most common is the following. 1) back bearing goes (check this first.). 2) jockey wheel (bolted to the motor). 3) front felt strip/4xbearing pads worn down. 4) drums dropped back. in any case whenever we change a belt we allways change the jockey wheel, rear panel, and all pads/felts by means of a shaft kit. this is the only way go guarantee fixing this appliance (for a few months at least :rolleyes: ) my best advise however is to cut your losses and purchace another dryer (preferably not hotpoint/indesit or creda).

cometguy";p="874254 said:
im a service guy from comet! note hotpoint/indesit/creda dryers are all s**t!!!!!!!!. the belt does not go for no reason, there are a few reasons common to these dryers. listed as most common is the following. 1) back bearing goes (check this first.). 2) jockey wheel (bolted to the motor). 3) front felt strip/4xbearing pads worn down. 4) drums dropped back. in any case whenever we change a belt we allways change the jockey wheel, rear panel, and all pads/felts by means of a shaft kit. this is the only way go guarantee fixing this appliance (for a few months at least :rolleyes: ) my best advise however is to cut your losses and purchace another dryer (preferably not hotpoint/indesit or creda).[/quote

Thanks cometguy, not my dryer but I will pass on your comments. I did the wholeshaft kit last time, about 2 years ago, so I guess we have been pretty lucky.
Peter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back