Zanussi TC 484W Drier belt loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a new belt to my sons tumble drier and it appears to be a couple of inches to long. It says 1975H8 on the belt but there is no way I can get it to tension unless I twist the motor fully anti clockwise, then the tension spring is slack and almost in compression.

I can't see any other possible way of fitting it, I have it anti clockwise round the motor spindle and clockwise around the tensioner. Help! :confused:

Peter

Sponsored Links
If the original belt was the same length you are going round the pulley the wrong way.That is the correct belt for that model.

Unfortunately I don't have the original belt, if you put it the other way round the pulley it flops about and fall off. I know the belt has the correct size on it but I'm wondering if its not the length it says. I will have to get him to try and find the original - or measure it.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Problem sorted but I can't understand how it occurred. The motor was rotated 90 degrees clockwise because the tension spring was on the wrong place on the motor. The bottom end is hooked the the chassis and the top end to one of the four bolts that hold the front and back motor plates together, once I had moved the spring to the next bolt it brought the tensioner into the correct position.

As far as I can see there are only two possible explanations, either the spring slipped off and engaged with the next bolt down, very unlikely I would have thought in view of the problem I had fitting it into the correct place, or it had been fitted incorrectly and a shorter belt fitted, I have no way of checking that as apparently the original belt was shredded.

Strange one.

Peter

Hi John, do you read every post? :D It was most odd, it didn't look as though it had been touched recently and my son certainly wouldn't have - he leaves things like that for me. I did read of someone having the same problem somewhere on the net. Most strange.

Peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back