Zanussi Dryer drum belt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have a zanussi tumble dryer model TCE 7276W andthe drum belt snapped. It is out of warranty so I ordered a belt and set about changing it myself.

I have the belt on but there is no tension in it. I have searched the net for diagrams etc of what is should look like but nothing against this model.

Other models talk about a tensioner but the only spring i can see is on the motor (photo below) and when i push this up it tightens the belt but it won't stay up on its own.

Am I missing a spring somewhere or am I missing something else?

Cheers

Aidy

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the belt shouldn't be on the other side of the pulley, mate?
John :)

think so. looked at a diagram online and it was like that.

if the belt was on the other side of the pulley it would have less tension would it not?

Sponsored Links
Just from looking at the picture (which I may be interpreting incorrectly) it looks as if the belt needs to run on this side of the pulley, and the coil spring would keep the motor, and hence the belt, under tension.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back