Hotpoint Ultima 1600

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

I have a two year old Hotpoint Ultima WMA66 1600 spin. Once it has finished a wash and moves on to the rinse part of the cycle it stops and the display just says 'on'. It does not resume the cycle.

We have tried checking the hoses for kinks, making sure the water pressure is ok, different programmes and adjusting the feet.

Am I programming it wrong, any ideas?

Thanks
Jane

Sponsored Links
After about 15-20 mins of washing it drains and then displays 'on' and doesn't do anything else. Pressing any buttons results in 3 beeps except cancel which switches the machine off.

Sponsored Links
Thanks fido,

I've now posted there as well. Hopefully something will turn up

hi all,

Ive just cleaned out the drain pipes (half full of scale and slime) and tested thermostat (22k ohms cold) and element (30 ohms). Found ocassional spike across element but otherwise 0 volts when washing.
One wire from element goes to pcb other wire goes to something with an air hose(pressure sensor?) could it be either of these?

Dave (Janes husband)

p.s. trains i can fix but washing machines.......

Hi all,

Thanks for the help. Problem apears to be pcb related. time for a new one i guess.

Dave and Jane

Do you mean a new PCB or a new machine? Remember that your Hotpoint is covered by a 5 year parts warranty so it might be worth calling them out to repair it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back