hotpoint WMA63 fills then empties

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i've seen this on a few posts but they all vary Slightly!, my wma63 ultima extra, with 1600 spin on all wash cycles fills, does a couple of drum turns then empties. On spin the pumps works, does a couple of short spins then stops, with on on the display. Motor was replaced 6months ago, brushes fine, taco seems ok, connections etc seem ok. How do i get the error code?, and if anyone has any ideas i'd be thankfull. Cheer's in advance, Vinpug :)

Sponsored Links
Quick update, resistor 10 on the chopper board is burnt and open circuit, anyone know the value??. The 1st band is grey, so 8 something! LOL, Cheers Vinpug

Hi all, well another update, resistor changed, chopper board now seems all ok. Still doing just a couple of turns whilst filling, then just empties. If anyone has Any ideas i really would welcome them!. Many Thanks in advance again!

HOTPOINT WMA63...FAULT STOPS AT SPIN AND ENDS PROGRAMME..THE FAULT IS DUE TO FAILURE OF TACHO ON REAR OF MOTOR OR COMPONENT FAILURE ON CHOPPER BOARD..THIS BOARD IS AT BASE OF MACHINE FRONT REAR,,UNPLUG MACHINE REMOVE BOARD FROM HOUSING REMOVE PLUGS REMEMBERING THEIR POSITION..ONCE PCB HAS BEEN REMOVED REMOVE CAREFULLY THE ALLUMINIUM HEAT SYNC UNCLIP THE THREE CLIPS RETAING SEMI CONDUCTORS AND PRIZE HEAT SYNC OFF CAREFULLY...LOOK FOR BURNT OUT RESISTOR NEAR LARGE BLUE CAPACITOR...I REPLACED MINE WITH 10 OHMN,,BROWN BLACK BLACK GOLD...WORKS FINE NOW,,RESISTOR COULD BE OPEN CIRCUIT BUT LOOK FINE CHECK WITM METER,,ALSO I HAD AN EDUCATED GUESS AT VALUE AS MARKINGS WHER NOT CLEAR DUE TO BURN MARKS COULD BE A 10 HMN OR MAYBE 100 OHMN BUT 10 WORKS FINE...HOPE THIS HELPS..IF THAT IS NOT PROBLEM TRY SERVICE EXCHANGING CHOPPER BOARD OR CHECK TACHO WINDINGS AT REAR OF MOTOR WITH A METER ..TWO RED WIRES SHOULD HAVE RESISTANCE READING PROBABLY AROUND 300 OHMNS MAKE SURE MAGNET IS PRESENT REAR MOTOR OR NO TACHO PULSES.

Sponsored Links
Hi, Cheer's for that!, i'll change resistor tomorrow etc and check tacho. I'll post results.
Neil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back