Hotpoint Ultima WMA63 Programme Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I have with our Hotpoint WMA63 washing machine.

Regardless of the programme set, the machine takes its intial water fill and then aborts the set programme pumps out and stops. The display gives the correct timing info etc on startup, but within a minute changes to just "On".

I have checked all connections to power and control modules etc to no avail.

Any ideas please?

Cheers

John

Sponsored Links
check motor brushes then motor cable from pcb to motor ,otherwise chopper board will be at fault only happens on 1600 spin machines.

check motor brushes then motor cable from pcb to motor ,otherwise chopper board will be at fault only happens on 1600 spin machines.

thanks rocks1 - can you tell me what the chopper board is and where it is positioned please?
Cheers
John

On the front right hand side in the corner. Tip mc back and you will see it. It's got a black cover round it.

Sponsored Links
Checked wiring and brushes - all OK - and replaced chopper board with a salvaged one.

Set a rinse and spin programme and al worked well for about 2 minutes - filled with water and completed several agitation turns of the drum. then a muffled bang and it stopped!

Display shows flashing keyhole and gives a repeated series of 5 beeps.

Door is closed, but not locked and opening and closing it fails to clear the flashing keyhole symbol!

Any ideas please?

TACHO CIRCUIT IS FAULTY ...MOST LIKELY OPEN CIRCUIT RESISTOR ON CHOPPER BOARD NEAR LARGE BLUE SQUARE CAPACITOR I THINK IT IS 10 OHMN...AS MOTOR SPINS TACHO AT REAR OF MOTOR SENDS PULSES TO THE CHOPPER BOARD MICRO PROCESSOR IF THE PULSE FAILS THE PROGRAMME SHUTS DOWN TO PREVENT DRUM OVERSPIN..COULD BE TACH PROBLEM AT REAR OF MOTOR CHECK FOR RESISTANCE ON THE TWO RED WIRES FROM TACH WINDING SHOULD READ ABOUT 300 OHMN IF OPEN CIRCUIT THAT IS PROBLEM OR INTERNAL MAGNET COULD HAVE BOKEN THEN NO PULSES...HOPE THIS HELPS.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back