Hotpoint Ultima Dishwasher DWF70

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with this dishwasher tripping my RCD. On the first occasion it also blew the 13A fuse. It went mid cycle. I rang the repair man who said it was probablly the pump but after reading other faults, everyone says spin the impeller first. I span the motor through a hole in the back case which lines up with a slot in the end of the shaft. It was fine. I turned the machine on with the door open and reset the programme. As soon as I closed the door, the RCD tripped and would not reset until the dishwasher door was opened or it was unplugged. Any ideas would be welcome, I don't mind calling in the pro's if I have to, but if they turn up and press a reset button and give me a £90 bill! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Tripping the rcd indicates an earth fault on something within the appliance.
You'll need to be able to do insulation testing with a meter and disconnect a part on each test to narrow the fault down.
If you don't have the equipment to do this I'd suggest getting a pro in to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back