Hotpoint ultima sWT960 problem not taking the softner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help please.

my wife has informed me that for some reason now our hotpoint washer is not taking the softner in - it just leaves it these during the wash cycle as if the water is not reaching it.
The wash powder which is placed in the right hand compartment is fine, just the softner part on the left. I've checked the levelness of the machine and it is slightly raised up at the front as it's been from day one.

Anyone got any idea - thanks

W.J

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the valve will not open Not sure if this is a separate valve or if it is twinned or tripled up. Take cover off machine and look at where water pipe enters softener container. Trace back to water valve(will have wires going to it). Usually easy to replace. SWITCH OFF MACHINE BEFORE YOU START.

PS have you checked to see that exit for softener is not blocked with gunge. Often there is a small cap that acts as a siphon and this can get clogged up. Pull this off clean it and any hole there is for softener to run out. However even if this is clogged there would be evidence that the water valve opened and flowed into the softener compartment.

Thanks for your help. I will have a closer look tonight when i get home and let you know.

Wayne

Sponsored Links
its the valve,because if it wasnt you would be saying its full of water and conditioner, you just said conditioner

Thanks for helping chaps.

I got home last night and had a closer look what was going on. the water was only running into the second compartment and not the first (fabric) one. I pushed my hand inside and could feel the pipe at the top left - I flicked it a couple of times and WOW - two small mushrooms fell out into the container and then with water to follow, least they looked like mushrooms cause when i touched them they broke apart - hope they were not seals of some sort. Anyway this now seems to have sorted the problem so thanks chaps and our clothes are all very soft again after the wash.

:D

Not sure what it is you have dislodged. I was referring to tray where conditioner is held. Usually water flows into tray when timer gets to softener cycle and no other time. Sometimes there is a little cap in the tray that can be removed.- it syphons the conditioner out when it begins to be filled with water. It gunges up. I know this from Hoover machines. Not sure about Hotpoint. However you shouuld move timer through cycle until softener stage and see if water starts to flow into tray. I still wonder what you have dislodged up inside where the water comes out.

Anyone else know?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back