Hotpoint Ultima WT 721G - lights on but doesn't start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint Ultima WT 721G washing machine and after i came back from holiday (3 week without using it) and switched it on it decided not to work properly. Initially it stopped the cycle in the middle of a rinse phase, then sometimes it wouldn't come on at all - so i read in forums to hold down some switches for x seconds (the 2 middle buttons temp and spin) when off, and it should reset its memory and this actually worked several times.

Now when i switch it on at the wall lcd display lights up, i can vary the program with the dial, but the temp & spin buttons dont work and neither does the on/off and start button (hence i cant start the machine).

I have been in contact with a local engineer who recommended that i needed a new PCB and EEprom so i told him to order them, however this was nearly 2 months ago and he is basically messing me about. I live on a North Scotland island so there is no other service engineer based here that i can contact.

Anybody have any suggestions? is it just the EEprom or do i need the PCB as well? is there someway to re-program the EEprom.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back