Hotpoint washer dryer smelling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have just bought a brand new Hotpoint WD860P washer dryer - delivered yesterday. I was so excited to use it! My friend has a washer dryer and her clothes come out smelling lovely and fresh. After reading the instructions and setting a boil wash with no items in the drum to clean the machine as instructed I put some towels in. Once the wash and drying cycle had finished and I got the towels out they smelt disgusting - Like a horrible rubber smell. This morning I put my bedding in, set the dryer on low heat but the same thing happened. Now I know this is a new machine so it may just be the 'new' smell but my last Hotpoint washer dryer had exactly the same smell so I stopped using it. Can anyone offer any advice? Has this happened to anyone else? Will it just take time for the 'new' smell to wear off?

Here's hoping someone can help! :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back