Hotpoint Washer Dryer burning smell

Sponsored Links
Cheers Rocks1

I've got another question.

I thought the heater box housed the heater element for the dryer, but this one was empty. The model is a Hotpoint 860. I'm still trying to work out where the heat is produced???

Not sure, but does that model have the element around the circumference of the front of the drum?

Sponsored Links
no mod number 860 , do you mean wd860. if so heater box on top will split in two and the heater is there .

Hi there

This machine is now flashing F13 when it goes onto the dryer.

Can anybody help please?

heater box full of fluff and on the fan. did you clean it like i said last time

Hi Rocks1

Yes took the heater box lid off, and cleared the fluff. To be honest there was hardly any fluff in it.

check the fan is going round and clean the fluff filter at the back of the heater box ,a little plastic gauze thing.

Thanks so much for your help Rocks1.

The fan in the heater box had siezed up.

Replaced it today and it now works a treat.

My washer dryer has started showing F13 again.
I replaced the element a couple of weeks ago (it was open circuit).
There is no fluff in the heater box and the fan motor is working fine.

One thing i have noticed. Should the water valve be running constantly when the dryer is on. I took the grey pipe off that runs to the heater box and no water was coming out?

No it just spurts every now and then. Have you checked the themo cut out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back