Hotpoint WD440G Washer Dryer with flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint washer dryer WD440G which finished the wash cycle but stopped at the rinse and spin cycle, will not drain and the following lights started flashing: on/off button (far right of machine), reduce creases button (2nd button down) and time saver button (4th button down). I think I can smell an electrical smell. Can you please help me as my washing is still stuck inside? Kind regards, Susan

Sponsored Links
filter blocked remove rear panel and remove black cup underneath.

Thanks for replying. I believe the flashing lights are like a fault code, is this correct and is that what it means "pump/filter blocked"? What would the electrical smell be? Thanks again, Susan

error code fo5 filter blocked moter trying to empty but wont .clean the filter it will be ok .

Sponsored Links
sorry me again, where is the filter? what does it look like? I've got the back cover off so I'm guessing it's somewhere at the bottom?? Thanks, Susan

its a black cup looking thing at the back with a big juilee clip round it .

thanks so much for that, I've cleaned the filter out and the machine now drains the water. Unfortunately I've now got a new problem the on/off button is flashing and the 1st button (dryer heat) is flashing, that's another fault isn't it?

did u pull the heater wires of the heater above the sump ,and check the wires are on pcb to the left of sump are connected .

Back again, I was just trying the machine out on a wash cycle ending with a 30 min dry cycle - and I'm glad to report that all systems are ok, woo hoo. I think the flashing lights this time was just the machine having a little spaz lol. Thank you so much again rocks1 for your help and support it has been much appreciated. Kind regards, Susan :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back