Hotpoint washer dyer won't turn on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya can anyone help please? My the lock on the door wasn't working properly, I've had to slam the door the last few times to get the light to come on until I get a new lock for it but the last time I slam it all the lights went off and now won't switch on at all. I've checked the fuse in the plug and its not that. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You've broken it, slamming it to make the light come on was a bad move. You should of replace the handle/lock when it FIRST started playing up.

All you could do is UNPLUG the machine and remove the top and open the door internally and fit a new handle/lock, they can be bought from 'appliance parts on line' or ebay.

Andy

The door hasn't locked, the machine won't turn on at all now. Will the lock be preventing it from working because it didn't stop it before?

Sponsored Links
And check motor brushes. No lock no fill no spin will also be low brushes.

Got a new lock and still won't lock, is the motor brushes a hard or expensive job and what would I be looking for?

Look in YouTube for vids on how to replace them. Very easy to do. Cost is about 20 quid. But check them first see if they are worn. It takes the netural supply from the motor to the door lock.

Cheers mate looked at vids and got them out. The motor was at the bottom, they looked possibly half worn and very black.

Brushes didn't work, spoke to a bloke in a shop and he said could be the control unit. So looks like it's time for scrap man but thank you everyone from your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back