Hotpoint WD420 repaired inlet valve but now not switching on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hotpoint Aquarius WD420 washer dryer found water flooding from it the other day. Upon removing the cover found the single inlet valve had perished and broken in two. Got a spare & fitted it but now all the buttons and controls are non responsive. I've checked the fuse, thats fine and know there's power going in because when i initially plugged it back in, it filled the drum and unlocked the door. Now there's nothing, not even error codes or lights. Please help me. I've got about 36 hours before my mrs forces me to buy a new washing machine.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
i would double check that you didnt disturb anything as you removed the inlet pipes. you might have knocked a terminal.

All else fails, try boots appliances (i didnt know they did washers either!) a lot cheaper than comet and currys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back