Hotpoint WD440 - Flashing lights & thermostat tripping

Sponsored Links
Two diff heater boxes The other one on the thread has a one shot that u reset. Yours is diff you have a yellow cut out. If there's no heat that one shot would have failed. Yours heat up but gets too hot and shows f13. All the wd have 3 diff heater boxes due to them having problems.

I have just received a replacement for the thermistor and I have plugged it in and started a 'Slow Spin' programme, without heat and without a drying programme.

Unfortunately, I still get the same flashing lights. 1,2 & 4 from top to bottom.

If I try a program without the thermistor plugged in I get the same f13 error. So I have checked the two wires for continuity to the PCB and all looks fine there.

I'm just about to take the lower filters apart again to double check everything.

Can you suggest anything else I can try/test?

Many thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Update: I have just checked the lower filter and all seems fine.

I notice the last time that the machine was running that the motor for the fan heater was spinning so that also seems to be working.

If there was a problem with the pump/impeller that sits near the lower filter, would that give me the same symptoms?

Or could it just be a faulty PCB?

More: I read on another forum that it could be that the heater fan isn't properly fixed to the spindle on the heater motor.

So I have just taken the heater box apart and re fitted the fan. It does sound better on a wash programme but still f13.

I also selected a wash programme, so I could check that the pump is working and that also seems to be fine.

Could it be the heater element is damaged?

EDIT: There does seem to be a bit of an odd smell but I can't seem to locate it.

It sounds like I need to call someone out. :( Gutted, I hoped I could have fixed it, last time Hotpoint came out and replaced the PCB (I think all lights were flashing in that instance) I was well ****ed at the charges.

Final update.

I received a replacement control board today and fitted it.

It looks like there were two faults as I also need the new thermistor to complete a wash programme.

Thanks for all your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back