Hotpoint wd865 soap dispenser leak

I love it when i get the same answer, fills me with confidence, have to say that it certainly sounds like the problem.

Thank you for the description of where the filter resides, i will try this today.

Are there any other filters i shoulod check while i am checking this?

Thanks guys really appreciate all the feedback once again, i am soo glad us appliance novices who want to give it a go can come to a place like this and get expert advice, i have learned soo much so far and i am gaining in confidence thanks again. I will be back later to update :D

Just realised i forgot to answer JohnD's question regarding water level. The water level is rising to the porthole, i.e. the instepped circle, but is not really going any higher up the glass than that ( if that makes any sense) so it goies no where near halfway up the glass.

Sponsored Links
A resounding THANK YOU to all that have contributed to this thread.

To go into more detail for those who come across this problem in the future.

When you take off the small back panel at the bottom of the machine. There is a black hose with 3 connectors, on the right hand one there is a motor which is clipped onto the bottom of the machine.

ensure the system has been drained!! then undo the jubilee clips and the plastic clips( there is a u shape toothed clip which goes over the centre toothed part, you can remove this style clip by using a flathead screwdriver to loosen the u part then pushing the centre through.

after disconnection of the hose, take it out and give it a good ole clean (i used the power shower lol)

The motor slides out after pushing the locating plastic back through its hole on the bottom (just push gently with a screwdriver).Give this a good ole clean.

Then remove the filter (3 parts) it all just pulls out, remove all the rubbish found a penny and my missing guitar pick :eek: as well as a ton of the missus hair.

The only other thing i did was to put the machine on its side to get a better look at the main water feed from the washing machine ( what the filter goes into) i could clearly see a very clean element ( not surprising with the amount of cleaning i have done previously) with a few hairs on it.

Then carefully put it back together..

2 things to watch out for, is the bottom cage for the filter only sits in one place ( there is a rectangular piece potruding from the hose and the filter cage has a rectangular cut out for this)

And then when placing the hose back to the main outlet ( where the filter resides) i found the bottom would go on properly or the top and not both simultaneously, wiggle it and with a bit of pushing from the bottom of the hose (i.e. pushing up the filter) it does go on.

I think thats it, sorry for the walls of text, just trying to contribute as much as i can.

A Resounding Thank you to all that helped once again.

A very happy Mr and Mrs RedeyeAce!!

by chance I had to work on a Bosch with a clogged pump yesterday, it had a removable hatch/filter that you can access from the front of the machine, you just unscrew it.

Doesn't yours have an easy-access to clear the pump?

Hi John,
There isnt an easy access panel at the front. Although i wouldnt say it was hard to access either, jst 4 clips and then tilting the washing machine over to remove it.

Theres plenty of room to get your hands inside.

Sponsored Links
Absolutely spot on...

I was having the same problem with water leaking out of the soap dispenser. However, the first signs of problems with mine was the spin cycle taking longer & longer and eventually having to cancel the job after 30mins spinning!!!

Googled the problem, read a few posts and then read this thread. Opened up the back of the machine, popped off the pipes and found 4x colour catchers, sludge and 30pence !

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Mark.

A resounding THANK YOU to all that have contributed to this thread.

To go into more detail for those who come across this problem in the future.

When you take off the small back panel at the bottom of the machine. There is a black hose with 3 connectors, on the right hand one there is a motor which is clipped onto the bottom of the machine.

ensure the system has been drained!! then undo the jubilee clips and the plastic clips( there is a u shape toothed clip which goes over the centre toothed part, you can remove this style clip by using a flathead screwdriver to loosen the u part then pushing the centre through.

after disconnection of the hose, take it out and give it a good ole clean (i used the power shower lol)

The motor slides out after pushing the locating plastic back through its hole on the bottom (just push gently with a screwdriver).Give this a good ole clean.

Then remove the filter (3 parts) it all just pulls out, remove all the rubbish found a penny and my missing guitar pick :eek: as well as a ton of the missus hair.

The only other thing i did was to put the machine on its side to get a better look at the main water feed from the washing machine ( what the filter goes into) i could clearly see a very clean element ( not surprising with the amount of cleaning i have done previously) with a few hairs on it.

Then carefully put it back together..

2 things to watch out for, is the bottom cage for the filter only sits in one place ( there is a rectangular piece potruding from the hose and the filter cage has a rectangular cut out for this)

And then when placing the hose back to the main outlet ( where the filter resides) i found the bottom would go on properly or the top and not both simultaneously, wiggle it and with a bit of pushing from the bottom of the hose (i.e. pushing up the filter) it does go on.

I think thats it, sorry for the walls of text, just trying to contribute as much as i can.

A Resounding Thank you to all that helped once again.

A very happy Mr and Mrs RedeyeAce!!

Hi

firstly thanks for the excellent advice, I replied to this topic as people sounded like they knew what they were talking about :)

So, I've cleaned the filter, 6 'breast pads' removed from filter (with an embarressed wife saying, see it wasn't my imagination that I was loosing them).... And this has dramatically reduced the amount of water leaking from our machine, but not completely. It still leaks from somewhere mid to top front as you face the machine - can't see exactly, but from the removable plate at the back I can see runs down the back of the counterweight. Any ideas what this leak may be and the best way about trying to fix it (best to turn machine on side, or is there another access method?)

the leak happens during emptying in the last few minutes of the wash cycle (just before/during the spin) I guess that there is a possibilty of another 'breast pad' (or perhaps a sock) being lodged somewhere that hasn't made it down to the filter.

Any advice greatfully received,

thanks Glyn

I know this thread been long time dead but i would just like to say thanks to cessna the advice was spot on our wd865 has been leaking from the dispenser for a while and i was so fed up i said to the misses i was going to either sort it or scrap it,Anyway cleaned the hose and filter and now 35 pence richer and now know where all the kids hair bands ended up :LOL: the machine doesnt leak so far and the clothes are dryer after a spin something the misses has complained about for ages but silly me told her she was imagining it :oops:
Thanks again.

Hi All,
My daughter's WD860 has water coming out of the dispenser.

There's been some really useful posts on causes & remedies.

Next week I shall go over & clean the filter. I wonder what I'll find!!

I'll keep you posted.

Tony

I have joined the forum to say thanks for the advice on the filter, we had the same problems described in the thread. I took the filter off and found 2 baby socks, a kids necklace, and £3 in change all in the filter no wonder it wasn't working properly.

Saved a big call out fee for what was a simple enough fit.

Many thanks.

yes it's a very old thread, but it still fixed my problem :)

What did I find? 8 collar stiffeners, various hair ties and clips in varying states of disintegration and £2.26 in change!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back