hotpoint wdd960 control module replacement

Sponsored Links
Have u got a muti meter set to ohms. Or a megga

Can u try this. Remove and tape up the earth wire on the heater and run it on a wash see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Yes ok, I can do that.
I'll get back to you tomorrow as i've now got to cook dinner :LOL: It's 6pm here in blighty.
Cheers mate and thanks again, Ratattack.

Hi rocks1, i'm back.
Removed earth wire on heater element and taped up wire, here's what happened.
On a 1.23 min short wash with 1600 spin at 40deg.
1.23 machine fills twice using both inlet valves in turn and wash begins.

At 59mins machine drains the hot water as the rinse phase starts, no water in drum but pump still running

At 58mins drum motor tries to fast spin, hiccups and slows down to wash speed. this 58min cycle repeats forever and the machine counts down to 1min, with no water present and pump motor still running.

Still the same symptions i'm afraid.
Regards R.

Well this is the second pcb board that i've bought from an company who repair them (EMW). it's an exchange board, you know, you send them your broken board and they send you a repaired one.
You don't suspect the motor then? It does look like it's brand new and it hasn't done much work it two years.
R.

I think it's time to call in the pros. Call Hotpoint all in charge parts and labour 100 quid that's your best bet otherwise you will be throwing money and parts on it.

Hi rocks1,
yeah I think i'm going to send the pcb board back to be checked out, i'll let you know how I get on.
Once again thanks for all your help, you've been very helpful.
Cheers, ratattack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back