Hotpoint WDL520 Drying Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

My Mum has had a Hotpoint WDL520 Aquarius Washer/Dryer for around 18 months/ 2 years now and we've had no problems with it until the past few weeks.

When it goes into a drying cycle the machine just does not get hot. I've seen people saying in other topics about this machine and similar that there are error codes which flash on the front of the machine but in my case this does not happen. The machine acts as if it is working fine and completes the full drying cycle, it just does not get hot in the process.

I'm fairly handy so I don't mind opening the machine and fiddling with/replacing parts but I thought I'd call upon the wisdom of you folks who are more likely to know what exactly is the problem before I go taking the machine apart.

If the machines not fixed then my Mum is going to get a new one and throw this one away. I hate the thought of it going to waste over something as silly as a blocked up filter or a thermostat that needs resetting. If you need to ask me any questions to help you diagnose the problem then feel free and thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Heater gone on the heater box. Remove lid at look for 2 brass nuts on the heater box check heater with a tester just to be sure.

Hi Rocks1, thanks for your quick reply.

I know this will probably make more sense to me once I get to see the actual insides of the machine but which section of it should I be testing?

Also what sort of reading is normal? or is it just to see whether there is any reading at all?

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back